Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Spring Semester

You know how things are always done better the second time around? Whether that is painting a picture or running a mile — the second time around always trumps the first.

Well, I feel like school can be the same way, as it is divided into two semesters. Fall semester is like your preparation and you’re more prone to making lackadaisical mistakes than opposed to now, because at the time, you are just coming back from a relaxed summer vacation. In this case, you’re coming from a 2-3 week break (if even that) where you still have some of that school knack in you. During the summer, especially if you are far from college like me (Arizona), you might even start to miss the people from school, so you get anxious as well to start school up again and reunite with your peers that helped ease your rollercoasting college days.. until of course, the reality of 10 page papers and 3 hour exams comes into play.


On another note, it’s easier to do something when there is a short-term reward in the end — that being summer. In the fall, you know you still have another semester to knock out before the ultimate vacation.

At any rate, spring semester officially begins tomorrow, Wednesday, January 27, 2010, and I feel unprepared for some reason. Yes I have my schedule, checked my alerts, holds, and any other hindrances that constantly appear on the student portal, and it seems that I have everything set, yet I still don’t feel ready. Thankfully the first week is a short one and I can use the weekend to fully recuperate and mentally prepare myself for another long 20 weeks or so.. or at least ’til spring break.

1 Comment:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Hi there are using Wordpress for your blog platform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm
    trying to get started and set up my own. Do you require
    any coding knowledge to make your own blog? Any help would
    be greatly appreciated!

    my site; best diet

Post a Comment



Blog Widget by LinkWithin

SEARCH MY BLOG: